In case you missed last night’s episode…
The most awkward introduction? Too many to count and frankly who wants to relive those moments, but the winner…the girl who couldn’t think of anything to say? (Maybe start with “Hi, I’m so-and-so.” Just a thought.)…the girl who tried to spray mouth freshener in Ben’s mouth and missed?…No, the winner might just have to be Anna, who haughtily walked past Ben without so much as a “hello.” As you can see below, that didn’t go over so well.
We already have our cast of characters emerging. As of now it appears…
Our Drama Queen: Jenna the overanalyzer – hands down. Already so many tears.
Our Drama Maker (the nemesis): that blonde chick that got too tipsy (Monica). She also picked a fight with Jenna. But, hey, it wouldn’t be The Bachelor if two of the contestants didn’t hate each other.
Our Girl-Next-Door: tie with Jamie and Kacie B.
The Girl Everyone Hates: (based off of previews for upcoming episodes) also known as “the girl who acts differently in front of Ben than when she’s with the other girls” – Courtney the model
The Front Runner: The girl on the horse and winner of the first impression rose (Lindzi C.) Side note: The horse was so nervous because of the cameras that it relieved itself in front of Ben.
The Deal with Sheryl: Alright you got me, ABC. I fell for it. Turns out Sheryl (the older lady) was just a clever way to get Ben to meet her granddaughter, Brittney. Sheryl came out of the limo introduced herself to Ben professing her adoration for him and then proceeded to introduce her granddaughter. Clever, clever. Sheryl stayed for part of the party and then had Ben escort her out.
Behind-the-scenes extras: according to Chris Harrison’s blog, the girls never move into the mansion because they head straightaway to Ben’s vineyard in Sonoma and then San Francisco (Ben’s hometown).
Fantasy Bachelor: My picks from last night: Blakeley, Courtney, and Jamie.
ABC also has a page to update you each week on the girls whose journeys for love end.
I’m not a big fan of ruining the ending of movies and such and depriving fans of that movie magic, so I won’t make this a habit. I like to be in suspense as much as everyone else and watch the story as it unfolds, but admittedly in the battle between curiosity and self-control, curiosity got a few good punches in. I tuned in to Reality Steve. So far he has identified 13 ladies for this season. Filming for the Bachelor just recently ended, and although the footage and the list of bios haven’t been revealed yet, we can thank technology, Reality Steve and a little sleuthing to discover some of these mystery women. I’m not going to get into detail with all of them because let’s be honest here, who really cares? Almost half of them get kicked off the first night anyway. We only care about the main players. But I did list out their names, occupations and hometowns below.
So far ABC appears to be sticking to its usual casting MO of models, pageant girls and hot single moms with some girl-next-door characters (like teacher Heather Freshwater and Maternity Nurse Jamie Otis) thrown in the mix. Out of this sea of brunettes and blondes, two of the contestants hail from Massachusetts (woot woot).
- Elyse Myers (24) personal fitness instructor – FL (Elise’s represent!)
- Erika Uhlig (22) current Miss Chicago – Chicago, IL
- Heather Freshwater (25 looks 12) – ironically a 7th grade language arts teacher – Knoxville, TN
- Jamie Otis (23) – maternity nurse – Cortland, NY
- Shawn Reynolds (28) – financial advisor, single mom – Phoenix, AZ
- Blakeley Shea (34) – esthetician, former Hooters girl and Maxim model (yep, there’s some scandalous pics and yep, she’s 6 years older than Ben but somehow I don’t think he’ll mind…)
- Jaclyn Swartz (27) – Account Manager at CBS Interactive – MA (but lives in NY now)
- Samantha Levey (26) – Current Miss Pacific Palisades and will be competing for Miss California 2012 – from Pittsburgh lives in Los Angeles
- Casey Shteamer (26) – from Chicago, IL
- Courtney Robertson (?) – professional model who also starred in a Caesar’s Palace commercial (see video below and side note: I’m obsessed with her dress in her video.)
- Rachel Truehart (27) – sales rep – from MA lives in NY
- Kacie Boguskie (24) – works at Genera Energy LLC, used to be a majorette (if you are like me and completely unfamiliar with that term it’s basically a baton-twirler) – Knoxville, TN
- Anna Snowball (?) – from Michigan
We may want to pay attention to Jamie Otis. They shot her intro video at her hospital. Not sure if they have intro videos for everyone but the more background filming they do on someone the more likely they are to be a big player.
It’s scary what you can find out about a person’s background via the internet. Google yourselves people. Make sure you don’t have any of those embarrassing pictures from the night before because those are exactly the pics people like to post so that we can all sit and pass judgment. Until next time Bachelor Fans (BFs).
*For pics of Ben’s Bachelorettes and more season spoilers, I defer to the spoiler king, Reality Steve.