No Bachelorette last week due to the NBA finals. If your significant other asks why you’re still reaching for that bottle of merlot, you kindly tell him/her you need it to handle paging through all of the articles on Bachelor in Paradise that have come out. Allegations of sexual assault in Bachelor in Paradise came out last Sunday.
What we know: Filming for this season of Bachelor in Paradise has been suspended as Warner Bros looks in to allegations of sexual assault. Warner Bros licenses Bachelor in Paradise to ABC. Bachelor in Paradise was scheduled to premiere Aug 8th and the cast was recently announced.
Who was involved: Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson
Warner Bros made a statement:
We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico. We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.
Amy Kaufman, an LA Times reporter, said her source told her a third party, allegedly a producer, filed a complaint after watching Corinne and DeMario hook up in the pool on the first day of shooting Bachelor in Paradise Season 4 in Mexico.
Rumors fly that a producer saw it and either didn’t do anything about it or was told to hold back by production. There have also been reports that Corinne was not able to hold herself up at one point. Eonline reported that the producer who filed the complaint hadn’t actually witnessed it.
Corinne has lawyered up and said she was blackout drunk and unable to provide consent. Corinne released the following statement to E! News:
I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened the night of June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production.
According to TMZ, DeMario says the tapes will show that it was consensual.
The Post also obtained text messages from DeMario’s phone saying that the tapes will exonerate him.
Chris Harrison spoke out and said Warner Bros is conducting an investigation and that there are a lot of rumors out there.
Well-known spoilers king, Reality Steve, reports on Twitter, “For the record, one thing I can report to be 100% true: This season of Bachelor in Paradise isn’t happening. It’s been cancelled.”
Listen to the podcast, Bachelor Party, on the Ringer, by Juliet Litman where Reality Steve guest stars and weighs in.
Articles Sourced and for your reading:
Buzzfeed News: https://www.buzzfeed.com/marcusjones/production-has-been-shut-down-on-bachelor-in-paradise?utm_term=.wsV28Oxrv#.jrNbn9zwN
Allegations of sexual assault are not to be taken lightly. Both parties have hired lawyers.
The Bachelorette with Rachel Lindsay returns to its normal schedule Monday, June 19th, 8|7c.